Develop Confidence, Competence and Influence Beyond Formal Authority
How do others perceive you? The fact is, no matter what you are trying to achieve, the answer to that question will dictate your level of success.
We live in a reputation economy. And while intelligence, expertise and hard work are important, they’re not nearly enough to get ahead. When you want to be seen as a successful and confident leader, influencing across organizational levels, building strong relationships, and mobilizing the right people to tackle complex challenges, you need executive presence.
Based on his extensive work with thousands of senior executives, ongoing research in the behavioral science and two decades of experience coaching leaders from the Fortune 500 on Executive Presence, Harrison Monarth will share key insights from his bestselling book, Executive Presence—The Art of Commanding Respect Like a CEO. He will identify the specific personality traits, skills and behaviors that are commonly associated with executive presence in organizations. He’ll explain how he’s helped coaching clients develop strategic self-awareness around these characteristics and embark on building a powerful personal brand that conveys executive presence when it matters most.
In a lively fast-paced program, Harrison will illustrate how easily we create perceptions that detract from our executive presence, how science-backed emotion regulation strategies can help us convey calm and think clearly under pressure and which executive presence characteristics matter more in initial impressions, versus those that matter more over the long term, for sustained executive presence.
Key Learning Takeaways
- Define Executive Presence and why it matters in successful leadership
- Instant Impact: Executive Presence characteristics that weigh heavily in first impression situations
- Learn how perceptions are created in the workplace: Lessons from Harvard Business School
- Maintaining Executive Presence: Master the skills and behaviors that convey executive presence over the long term
- Understand the dark side of Executive Presence and learn strategies to avoid overplaying strengths
- Increase three critical levels of self-awareness: Internal-, external-, and strategic self-awareness
- Learn and practice powerful tools for behavioral change