A story does what facts and statistics never can: it inspires and it motivates. That’s why expert storytellers are such effective communicators. They translate complex ideas into practical examples that build strong emotional connections with audiences. And in “Strategic Storytelling,” you’ll learn how to do this and much more.
You’ll come away with a practical understanding of the many roles storytelling plays in modern organizations. You’ll know how to structure your own stories, learning how to fit the right stories to different audiences and situations. Above all, you learn how to weave emotion and personality into the fabric of your tale, to capture your audience and take them where you want them to go.
- Use storytelling as an essential leadership skill to drive positive outcomes
- Develop powerful story-templates around your own material and ideas, using various essential components and structures of effective storytelling
- Match key stories to the audience’s needs and situation, weaving in narrative and emotional ingredients—including humor, where appropriate—that help build a deeper connection
- Overcome resistance to change and other communication barriers that block progress
- Incorporate articulation, inflection, pauses, movement and gestures to maintain audience interest and attention
- Develop a relaxed confidence under the spotlight and foster an environment that unleashes creativity
Our programs can be designed to meet the needs of any type of executive or management team, intact or cross-functional work teams, or to individuals (including individual contributors) gathered from different parts of an organization.
This programs can address small groups of 10 – 25 or larger populations of up to 200 leaders of the organization, split into smaller cohorts of people, with each cohort working with one of our expert coaches. Customization around specific development and leadership needs is part of every workshop. (Can also be conducted as a 1-on-1 private coaching program.)
This program can also be conducted in 1-on-1 executive coaching section.
Depending on your needs, our programs can be delivered over the course of an intensive half-day, 1-day, 2-day or 3-day session, as well as over longer periods for spaced learning and special project work between modules. This program can also be conducted in 1 on 1 executive coaching section.